OG Terms & Conditions
WHEREAS: Owner and Renter have executed a Camper Van Rental Agreement as of _________, 202_ (“Effective Date”); and Renter agrees to be bound by this Face Page Agreement as well as the Camper Van Rental Agreement as of the same date thereof which together constitute the entire agreement between them (“Contract”).
“Web Platform” means the Outdoorsy web platform through which the Rental Vehicle is booked, insured, and paid for.
“Authorized Driver” means Renter and any additional drivers approved through Web Platform.
“Rental Vehicle” means the recreational Rental Vehicle identified below.
“Loss of Use” means the loss of Owner’s use of the Rental Vehicle. Loss of use is calculated by multiplying the number of days from the date of damage to or loss of the Rental Vehicle until it is repaired or replaced times the Daily Rental Rate (“Daily Rental Rate”) herein.
“Rental Period” means the number of calendar days beginning _______, 202_ and ending _________, 202_.
“Security Deposit” means the amount Renter has deposited with Owner to secure the rental of the Rental Vehicle.
Renter understands and agrees that Renter assumes all liability, whether collision, damage, or liability for the entire duration of the Rental Period. Renter agrees to indemnify and hold Owner harmless
Renter shall be covered by an Outdoorsy web platform supplied insurance policy satisfactory to Owner with a $1500 deductible covering damage to the Rental Vehicle. IF THE FOR ANY REASON THE RENTAL VEHICLE IS NOT RETURNED TO OWNER AT EXPIRATION OF RENTAL PERIOD (“Rental Period”) AND INSURANCE COVERAGE LAPSES, THE SECURITY DEPOSIT THEREON IS FORFEITED. Chips in the windshield or other glass are not covered by the policy. Interior damage is not covered by the policy.
Renter is financially responsible for all damage (both exterior and interior) to, or loss or theft of the Rental Vehicle, which includes the cost of repair or the actual cash value of the Rental Vehicle (if it is not repairable or if Owner elects not to repair it), loss of use, diminished value of Rental Vehicle caused by damage to it or repair of it, missing equipment, connected with any damage claim whether or not Renter is at fault. Insurance coverage shall be applied toward repairs.
Renter must report all accidents or thefts involving the Rental Vehicle to Owner and the police within 24 hours of occurrence.
Renter understands and agrees that there may be optional products that may be opted for and added for additional fees.
Terms and Conditions
- Renter agrees to rent the following Rental Vehicle: ________________________VIN ___________________________ from Owner under the following terms and conditions:
- The Rental Period shall be from ___________________________, 202_ at _____ AM/PM to _________________________, 202_ at _____AM/PM.
- The Rental Payment (“Rental Payment”) shall be $_______, plus $0.40 per mile over 200 miles per day.
- Daily Rental Rate shall be $_________.
- Renter agrees to pay a gasoline/diesel and propane refill fee of $25 per each, plus the actual cost of propane or gasoline/diesel to refill the propane or gasoline/diesel tank if it is returned less than full.
- Additional charges include a wastewater dumping charge of $150 if the wastewater storage tank is not empty upon return of the Rental Vehicle. A delivery fee charge for Owner’s delivery of Rental Vehicle to Renter shall be $7.00 per mile traveled.
- Rental Payment includes a cleaning fee. If Owner determines that the returned condition of the Rental Vehicle requires additional deep cleaning, Renter will be charged an additional $100 cleaning fee.
- Renter agree to pay a late return fee of $100 if the Rental Vehicle is returned after 3pm but before 5pm upon date of return. If returned after 8pm, Renter agree to pay $250 plus $250 per day after that if Renter does not return the Rental Vehicle as originally agreed.
- Pets are not permitted in the Rental Vehicle unless approved and a pet cleaning fee is paid for on Web Platform . If there is evidence of a pet being present in the Rental Vehicle, Renter will be subject to an additional cleaning charge of $100 plus potential forfeiture of Security deposit at Owner’s discretion.
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in the Rental Vehicle. If there is evidence of smoking, vaping, or other strong odors, Renter will be subject to the additional cleaning fee of $399 plus potential forfeiture of Renter’s entire security deposit, at Owner’s discretion.
- Security Deposit shall be $1,000.
- No refund will be given if Renter prepays for a service but does not use it.
- Renter agrees to pick up the Rental Vehicle at the specified location at the pre-arranged time. A late pickup fee of $50 per hour will be charged for each hour that the Rental Vehicle is picked up late. This fee may be waived at the Owner’s sole discretion.
- Renter agrees to return the Rental Vehicle to Owner by the end of the Rental Period at the time specified. A late return may incur a fee of $65 per hour or portion thereof.
- Renter releases Owner from all claims for loss of or damage to Renter’s personal property or that of any other person, which is left in Rental Vehicle upon its return to Owner.
- Renter agree to pay Owner on demand for all charges due Owner under this Contract, including but not limited to all tolls or parking violations, fines, penalties, citations, forfeitures, court costs, towing charges and other expenses involving the Rental Vehicle assessed against Owner. If Renter fails to pay a traffic or toll charge to the charging authority, Renter shall reimburse Owner for all fees owed to the charging authority.
- If Rental Vehicle is abandoned by Renter, Renter shall pay a fee of $499, plus $0.50/mile for every mile between the renting location and the place where the Rental Vehicle is found, plus any additional recovery expenses.
- Renter shall pay all costs, including pre- and post-judgement attorney fees, legal fees and court costs Owner incurs in collecting payment from Renter for the above costs, or for otherwise enforcing Owner’s rights.
- Renter agree that towing of the Rental Vehicle requires prior Owner approval.
- Renter is responsible for checking and maintaining all fluid levels during the Rental Period. This includes checking the generator oil daily.
- Unless authorization is obtained from Owner, no repairs, replacement of parts or service shall be done to Rental vehicle during the Rental Period.
- Owner is not responsible for the loss of vacation, personal or business time, or any incidental expenses incurred Renter, resulting from Rental Vehicle being inoperable. Owner shall arrange for any necessary repairs and return the Rental Vehicle to Renter as promptly as possible.
- Renter agrees not to take the Rental Vehicle outside of the continental United States or Canada.
- Renter agrees that all driver information submitted to and approved on Web Platform has been reported accurately and no unauthorized drivers shall operate the Rental Vehicle.
- Renter agrees that Rental Vehicles shall not be driven off-road or on unpaved surfaces or on very rough roads of any type.
- Owner may use Renter’s Security Deposit in whole or in part to pay any amounts owed to Owner, which shall include replacement of fuel or LP gas, wastewater dumping, time and mileage, loss or damage to the Rental Vehicle, administrative or legal fees, fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs, towing and storage charges and other assessed charges and all costs associated with locating and recovering the Rental Vehicle if Renter fails to return the Rental Vehicle as required. If the amount of Renter’s Security Deposit is insufficient to satisfy all amounts due, then Renter agrees to pay all charges in excess of Security Deposit.
- Owner may recover the Rental Vehicle at Renter’s expense without notice to Renter if the Rental Vehicle is abandoned or used in violation of law or this Contract.
- Owner makes no warranty, express, implied or apparent, regarding the Rental Vehicle, and no warranty that the Rental Vehicle is fit for a particular purpose.
- The following acts or uses of the Rental Vehicle are prohibited and may result in forfeiture of the entire Security Deposit: (a) driving the Rental Vehicle: (i) by anyone who is not an Authorized Driver, or by anyone whose driving license is suspended in any jurisdiction; (ii) by anyone under the influence of drugs or alcohol; (iii) by anyone who obtained the Rental Vehicle or extended the Rental period by giving Owner false, fraudulent, or misleading information; (iv) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstance that would constitute a violation of law other than a minor traffic citation; (v) to carry persons or property for hire; (vi) in any race, speed test or contest; (vii) to carry dangerous or hazardous items or illegal material; (viii) outside the continental United States and Canada; (ix) be loaded beyond its capacity, as determined by the manufacturer of the Rental Vehicle; (x) when driven through or under an underpass or other structure without sufficient overhead or side clearance; (xi) when it is reasonable to expect Renter to know that further operation would damage the Rental Vehicle; (xii) in a manner that causes damage to the Rental Vehicle due to inadequately secured cargo; (xvi) on unpaved or very rough roads; or (b) failing to summon the police to any accident involving the Rental Vehicle that caused personal injury or property damage; (c) damaging the Rental Vehicle by intentional, wanton, or reckless conduct; (d) damaging the Rental Vehicle by an animal transported in the Rental Vehicle; (e) damaging the Rental Vehicle by sitting, standing, or lying on the roof of the Rental Vehicle; (f) damaging the Rental Vehicle by placing tire chains, signs, lettering or painting on the Rental Vehicle; (g) damaging the Rental Vehicle by placing speakers or other sound equipment on the exterior of the Rental Vehicle; (h) taking the RV to festivals or other such events without notification; (i) disabling the GPS if so equipped.
- No term of this Contract can be waived or modified except in writing. The Camper Van Rental Agreement and its Face Page Agreement constitute the entire contract between Renter and us. govern this Contract.
- Certain items are considered non-essential convenience items. If they fail to work during a trip, no adjustments will be made to Rental Payment . No These items include but are not limited to TVs, antennas, CD and DVD players, radios, satellite radios, GPS navigation hardware and software, hairdryers, fans, coffee makers, vacuum cleaners, artificial fireplaces, swiveling seats, and left/right/rear cameras.
- A waiver by Owner of any breach of this Contract is not a waiver of any additional breach or waiver of the performance of Renter’s obligations under this Contract. Owner’sacceptance of payment from Renter or Owner’s failure, refusal, or neglect to exercise any rights under this Contract do not constitute a waiver of any other provision of this Contract. Renter hereby releases Owner from any liability for consequential, special, or punitive damages in connection with this Contract.
- Renter shall indemnify, defend, and hold Owner harmless from and against any claim arising out of this Contract or from others.in tort or contract law. California law shall govern this Contract.
- If any provision of this Contract is deemed void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions are valid and enforceable.
By signing below, Renter acknowledge that Renter has been given an opportunity to read this Contract in its entirety, including the Terms and Conditions before being asked to sign. Renter’s signature authorizes Owner to process payment from Renter for all charges due under this Contract.
Owner or Owner Representative Renter
Planning an even bigger trip?
Fill out the form below for discounts and special pricing on the trip of a lifetime.