2023 Road Trip Packing List Guide
Table Of Contents
- Packing List
Are you planning a road trip through California, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona this summer? If so, you'll want to make sure you have everything you need for a comfortable and enjoyable trip. And by everything we mean everything, except maybe that giant inflatable pool you've been eyeing for the back of the van.
One of the most important things to consider is transportation. While some people prefer to use their own vehicle for road trips, others opt for a van rental to have more space and comfort on their journey. Plus, if you're not a fan of packing light, you'll need all the extra space you can get.
At Roadhouse, we offer a wide range of van rental options to fit your needs and budget. Our vans are well-maintained and equipped with everything you need for a comfortable road trip, including air conditioning, comfortable seats, and plenty of space for your luggage and gear. We also offer roadside assistance to ensure you have a stress-free journey. Because who needs added stress on a road trip? Not us, that's for sure.
Now that you have your transportation sorted, it's time to think about what to pack for your road trip. One of the best things about road trips is the freedom to stop and explore along the way. To make the most of your journey, we recommend packing a variety of clothing options, including comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots, swimwear, and a light jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings. And yes, this is the perfect time to break out those Crocs. We won't judge.
Summer Roadtrip Packing List
Below is a packing list to make sure you have everything you need for a summer road trip wether you're going through California, Utah, Nevada, or Arizona:
- T-shirts, tank tops, athletic wear
- Shorts or lightweight pants
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots
- Sandals or flip-flops
- Swimsuit and beach towel
- Light jacket or sweatshirt for cooler evenings
- Hat or visor
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash or soap
- Sunscreen with high SPF
- Lip balm with SPF
- Insect repellent
- Hand sanitizer
- Feminine hygiene products
- Personal medication
- First aid kit (included with van rental)
- Phone and charger
- Camera and extra batteries
- Portable charger or power bank
- Smart phone for GPS
- Headphones or earbuds
- BT speaker (Included with van rental)
- Reusable water bottles or hydration system
- Snacks and non-perishable food items
- Cooler and ice packs
- Beach umbrella, shade tent, or EZ-up
- Binoculars (optional)
- Daypack or backpack
- Lighter & campfire starters (included with van rental)
- Bottle/wine opener (included with van rental)
- Headlamp with extra batteries
- Skateboard (my personal favorite)
Van & driving related items
- Snacks and non-perishable food items
- Wallet, ID and credit cards
- Insurance card (provided via email)
- Registration (inside glove box)
- Cash for campsites and emergencies
- Jumper cables (included with van rental)
Add-on Rental Recommendations
- Foldable kayaks by Oru Kayak ($100 each)
- Foldable electric bikes ($100 each)
- Camping chairs (2 for $25)
For a full list of items provide inside the van, click here.
In conclusion, a road trip through California, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona is an amazing way to see some of the most breathtaking sights in the United States. With a van rental from Roadhouse Travel, you can enjoy a comfortable and stress-free journey, taking in everything from the towering cliffs of Zion National Park to the glittering lights of Los Angeles. Don't forget to pack a variety of clothing options, stop at some interesting and unique pit stops along the way, and make time for some must-see destinations along your route.
Whether you're exploring the sandy beaches of San Diego or marveling at the natural wonder of the Grand Canyon, a road trip is the perfect way to experience the beauty and diversity of the American West. So hop in your van rental, roll down the windows, and get ready for the adventure of a lifetime!